Date:Thursday December 18 2008
The final instalment of Superhoop50`s analysis of the Rangers squad.
Superhoop50 takes a look at Rangers` depleted strike force indicating there should be changes in January
To read Part One Click Here >>>.
To read Part Two Click Here >>>.
There`s no doubt we`re lacking in numbers in the striking department, but I still believe as mentioned in part two, our lack of creativity behind them is a major factor.
Here`s my analysis of our non-goal scoring department!
8. Rowan Vine - I believe Rowan made the difference to us last season and has been sorely missed this season. Tremendous link-up player and a real handful when running at defenders. We can only hope that he returns the same player and maybe add a few more goals to his undoubted talent.
9. Dexter Blackstock - Without doubt the most talked about player on the QPR messageboards. Tired of saying he`s hard working, a nuisance and still our top scorer.
Seems to have trouble staying on his feet this season, which is very frustrating and has made a real hash of some good scoring opportunities. Nevertheless, no sooner do we write him off, he wins us the game. I hope he gets better and think he needs to if he`s going to make a serious impact.
11. Patrick Agyemang - If Blackstock works hard, then Big Pat works even harder. Even when the side is playing poorly, Pat always tries and defenders don`t like him around.
If only he was a little cooler in front of goal, he could be compared to Sir Les, accept of course that Pat has no heading ability whatsoever! The loss of Buzsaky and Vine hasn`t helped him at all but you can never fault his effort.
19. Angelo Balanta - One for the future and his time at Wycombe can only help him? Have always found Angelo has either a good game or a totally anonymous one, but really hope we hang onto him. It`s about time some home grown talent prospered and I believe Angelo will with us in time.
22. Samuel Di Carmine - Very young, holds ball up well and can see him scoring goals with some decent service. Has plenty to learn but believe he could become a typical "English" striker if he puts his mind to it. Certainly his goal against Birmingham proved he has a decent shot on him.
27. Heidar Helguson - Could have had three goals so far, but will forgive him for only having one as basically he`s not played all year. At least he`s found goal-scoring positions and that`s something the side has lacked all season. Whether he`ll get the time to really prove himself, remains to be seen, but the signs so far are encouraging.
We want to know YOUR thoughts!
To have your say you can comment in the space provided below, or chat about it on the forum.
Parejo Flies The Coop!.
Dani of the 100 Days.
Wiley Ref`s Preston Clash.
Date:Thursday December 18 2008
Redknapp Refutes Brazilian Rumours (Friday January 23 2015)
Another Young Loanee Returns (Friday January 23 2015)
QPR Injury Table + Other PL Teams Compared (Friday January 23 2015)
Palace Game Moved (Wednesday January 21 2015)
Leading The Race or Non-Starter? (Wednesday January 21 2015)
Mbia Wants Premier League Return (Tuesday January 20 2015)
Green Voted MotM v Manchester United (Tuesday January 20 2015)
'We Need Another Striker' (Monday January 19 2015)
Fernandes Gives Harry Backing (Monday January 19 2015)
Green Hopeful Despite Defeat (Sunday January 18 2015)
|1.||The Uncredibale Hulk||70|
|15. Aston Villa||22||5||7||10||-14||22|
|18. Hull City||22||4||7||11||-10||19|
|20. Leicester City||22||4||5||13||-14||17|
|Lambert Thrilled With Progression
» Aston Villa : 25/01/2015 19:17:00
|Hammers Are #15!
» West Ham : 25/01/2015 18:07:00
|Sam`s View - Bristol City (a) FA Cup 4th Round
» West Ham : 25/01/2015 17:59:00
|Bristol City 0 West Ham 1
» West Ham : 25/01/2015 17:34:00
|Inter Play Down Yaya Rumours
» Man City : 25/01/2015 17:28:00