City Shekh Fends Off Mittal
Shekh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nayan of Manchester City tops the football rich list according to FourFourTwo magazine.
The Shekh`s estimated fortune of around £15bn was enough to narrowly fend off second played Rangers co-owner Lakshmi Mittal who is worth £12.5bn.
Both new entrants to the chart they make the former head of the list look pale in comparison. This time last year the biggest player in the game was Roman Abramovich, but even he does not make up half of the wealth that the City Shekh is worth.
Rangers also occupy fifth place with Bernie and Slavica Ecclestone worth £2.4bn as Rangers are the second richest club in England but remain the richest in the capital.
The Top 20 according to Four Four Two are:
1. Shekh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nayan (Manchester City) £15bn
2. Lakshmi Mittal & family (QPR) £12.5bn
3. Roman Abramovich (Chelsea) £7bn
4. Joe Lewis (Tottenham Hotspur) £2.5bn
5. Bernie & Slavica Ecclestone (QPR) £2.4bn
6. Stanley Kroenke (Arsenal) £2.245bn
7. Alisher Usmanov (Arsenal) £1.5bn
8= Lord Grantchester & The Moores Family (Everton) £1.2bn
8= Dermot Desmond (Celtic) £1.2bn
10= Lord Ashcroft (Watford) £1.1bn
10= Malcolm Glazer & family (Manchester United) £1.1bn
12. Simon Keswick (Cheltenham Town) £966m
13. Trevor Hemmings (Preston North End) £900m
14. Mike Ashley (Newcastle United) £800m
15. Randy Lerner (Aston Villa) £750m
16. Tom Hicks (Liverpool) £700m
17. The Walker Family (Blackburn Rovers) £660m
18. Mohammed al-Fayed (Fulham) £650m
19. Sir David Murray (Glasgow Rangers) £600m
20. Steve Morgan (Wolves) £400m
We want to know YOUR thoughts!
To have your say you can comment in the space provided below, or chat about it on the forum.
Cerny - The Best Championship Keeper.
Fallon Deal Dead?.
Welsh Press Attack R`s Routledge Deal.