Date:Thursday April 13 2006
1) Derby have had a strange season. Selling your top marksman and the manager being sacked. I understand fans aren't too happy with the current board either. Can you briefly explain what has happened?
Basically people from outside the club got involved. Jeremy Keith and his cohorts purchased the club for £3 then got the ABC organisation of Panama involved! Ring any bells???? Now we are looking at the club being taken over again by either venture capitalists SISU or a local consortium run by Peter Gadsby. Plus new allegations have arisen at Derby……
2) Terry Westley has replaced Phil Brown in charge, what has he changed to the team?
Senior players seemed to lose faith in Phil, he was a good bloke but made simple mistakes, not appointing an assistant with experience, but instead of Dean Holdsworth, who it seems got 100,000 for his short stay at Derby. Terry has a good command of his squad and takes advice from all quarters too.
3) What were the fans expectations at the start of the season? Have they been met?
We all knew that last season had been a bit of a fluke, some surprising wins and a good away record certainly helped us to achieve a decent finish. Most supporters understood this but were hoping for at least a top 10 finish, then we sold Rasiak to spurs.
4) Indigo Idiakez continues to stand out as one of the Championship's star players. How have you managed to hold onto him, keeping him happy and playing well?
He’s not as good as you’d think! He is an excellent player in the championship, but is getting too old for the premiership. I think he’s fairly loyal to Derby and would not look to leave unless it was a step-up.
5) Who have been your stand out stars and unsung heroes of the season?
Tommy Smith as industrious as ever in midfield should be player of the year. Adam Bolder is always solid despite being messed about by previous managers.
6) Who will be leaving Pride Park in the summer and have you any rumours of future summer signings?
We’ve got a few players coming in a German and another foreigner who’s names escape me at the moment. Idiakez was off to Everton last year apparently, think it’ll be Grant, Camp, Smith and Pesh, although this is based upon roomer!
7) Who from Rangers do you single out as the key players?
Does Ray Wilkins still play for you??
8) What is your opinion of QPR, Loftus Road and the fans?
Danny Baker once said that “QPR are like a kindly old aunt who you cant hate” and that’s my view. They have a special place in my heart though, as they were the first team I ever saw Derby play in 1987, and we lost!!
9) Who do you expect to see promoted with Reading and relegated?
Leeds and Sheffield United up Sunderland West Brom and The Blues to come down
10) Your prediction?
With our away record and your home record 1 - 1
Sissoko Sends QPR Bottom (Saturday November 22 2014)
Stats: Newcastle United v Queens Park Rangers (Saturday November 22 2014)
Newcastle United v QPR - Match Preview (Friday November 21 2014)
One to Watch - Ayoze Perez (Friday November 21 2014)
Football Aid 2015 - Play at Loftus Road! (Monday November 10 2014)
Charlie Closing On England Spot (Saturday November 8 2014)
One to Watch - Sergio Aguero (Friday November 7 2014)
QPR v Manchester City - Match Preview (Friday November 7 2014)
Spirited QPR Edged Out (Saturday November 1 2014)
Stats: Chelsea v QPR (Saturday November 1 2014)
|4.||The Uncredibale Hulk||13|
|15. Crystal Palace||12||3||3||6||-4||12|
|16. Aston Villa||12||3||3||6||-11||12|
|17. Hull City||12||2||5||5||-3||11|
|18. Leicester City||12||2||4||6||-7||10|
|Match Analysis: Manchester City 2-1 Swansea City
» Swansea : 25/11/2014 22:15:00
|Injury Boost Causes Pardew Headache
» Newcastle : 25/11/2014 21:58:00
» Man City : 25/11/2014 21:36:00
|Mixed Diame And Lenihan Injury News
» Hull City : 25/11/2014 20:07:00
|Robertson Attracting Interest
» Hull City : 25/11/2014 20:05:00