Emergency Loans - Explained
Vital QPR takes a look at the key rules regarding the newly-opened loan window whereby clubs can players on emergency loan.
* 'Emergency' in the title does not suggest that you must have an injury crisis to sign players, which was the original intention. Moreover it is now used as a method of preceding a permanent move - e.g Rowan Vine from Birmingham City prior to his move in January.
* Emergency loans can be taken out at any time between Friday February 8 and 5.00pm on March 27, 2008 and can only be used by Football League clubs loaning players in from other clubs in England, including those from the Premier League.
* International switches are not allowed including Scotland and Ireland.
* Players can be signed for a maximum period of 93 days on such loans.
* Players on emergency loan can be recalled by their own clubs after 28 days have expired, but not before.
* Only five loan players (whether standard or emergency) can be named on the team sheet for any one game and no more than four players can be loaned from one club to another in any one season.
* Emergency loan signings can be made up to three hours before a league game.
With thanks to Vital Luton
Have your say on The Forum
Follow us on Twitter
Become a fan on Facebook - Become a fan of Vital QPR
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.