Fans Eye View - Superhoop50
Superhoop50 gives us his views on the season passed along with his hopes for the future.
1. Overall what was your opinion of QPR's 2009/10 campaign?
In a word, frustrating. The club was very poorly managed from the higher level and I believe this rubbed off on the players, who frankly looked lost for most of the campaign.
2. Jim Magilton got things off to a flier - was promotion on the cards from your perspective?
It's very easy to get over-excited and carried away when your team goes on a winning run and I'm guilty of that too. Once JM started tampering though, the rot set in and promotion was out of the question.
3. In typical QPR fashion it started to go pear-shaped - were you confident we could revive the situation?
In terms of making the play-offs or getting promoted, no I wasn't. But the extent of the slump that followed surprised me. I never thought we'd end up fighting relegation and think we would have gone down had Warnock not arrived.
4. Paul Hart - What was your opinion when he came in, and were you happy to see him go?
Hart appears to be such a dour character and for that reason alone, the fans were never going to take to him. The club needed a strong appointment and Hart wasn't in my opinion. There's an air of gloom about the man and I think he might have taken us down.
5. What was your opinion of the Neil Warnock appointment?
My number one choice and the perfect appointment. Brought a much needed breath of fresh air to the club and a wealth of experience at both ends of the table.
6. Warnock has already strengthened with Leon Clarke and Jamie Mackie being announced as R's players - he's asked us to trust him - do you?
Yes, I trust his judgement 100%, hence I renewed my season ticket as early as the finances would allow! The first two signings haven't set the pulse racing, but I've no reason to doubt that Warnock will get the best from them. Whether they're good enough to take us up though, remains to be seen.
What was your...
7. Goal of the season: Has to be Taarabt against Preston.
8. Player of the Season: Alejandro Faurlin by a distance. Made a few costly mistakes, but overall his contribution was immense all season. It's really important to me that we hang on to 'Ali'
9. Game of the Season: Would be easy to say the home games against Barnsley, Reading and Preston, but I'm going to say Palace away. We controlled what was such an important game, to such an extent, it was a joy to watch.
10. Moment of the Season: The moment I realised we were safe from relegation!
EMAIL YOUR ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS TO QPR@VITALFOOTBALL.CO.UK
Have your say on The Forum
Follow us on Twitter
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.