Date:Wednesday June 2 2010
The second in the series of fans articles - this time Guttermouth shares his views.
1. Overall what was your opinion of QPR's 2009/10 campaign?
Encouraging start under Big Jim, with some of the best football seen in years down at the Home of Football (TM). However when the wheels came off, as they invariably do at QPR, they came off in spectacular style. I sometimes sit and wonder whether I'd be bored supporting a normal football club. Probably. The signing of Warnock was a masterstroke I hope will have positive and far-reaching consequences.
2. Jim Magilton got things off to a flier - was promotion on the cards from your perspective?
At the time the thought did, unfortunately, enter my mind. We were being absolutely spoiled by the attacking finesse, if only for a couple of months, and always looked dangerous. That'll teach me for getting my hopes up...
3. In typical QPR fashion it started to go pear-shaped - were you confident we could revive the situation?
In a word, no. Not under PHart or, bless him, Mick Harford. We were plunging quicker than Mario and Luigi over the first quarter of 2010.
4. Paul Hart - What was your opinion when he came in, and were you happy to see him go?
Totally unimpressed when he was announced as gaffer, and happy as a clam when he went. That first game at home under him will stay with me 'til the day I cough it. Ending a game against crappy opposition with no strikers and seven defenders on the pitch...
5. What was your opinion of the Neil Warnock appointment?
Much more optimistic. I've always liked his and Ollie's style, abrasive though it can sometimes be. Hopefully he continues the improvement we saw immediately when he came in.
6. Warnock has already strengthened with Leon Clarke and Jamie Mackie being announced as R's players - he's asked us to trust him - do you?
I do not trust him 100%. At the end of the day, his signings are based on his opinions, which may or may not prove wise. Time will tell, but let us not forget he's signed his fair share of crap before! Hopefully he gets a couple of marquee signings, or at least bolsters the squad with fighting players, which is what it seems he's aiming for
What was your...
7. Goal of the season: No contest for Adel Taaaaaaarabt beating 3 from the halfway line and curling the ball top-right. However, his freekick against Derby on the BBC (on my birthday!) was vastly underrated. The amount of curl to put the ball round the wall at a height of no more than one foot was incredible. If Messi had scored it people would have been going mental in the papers.
8. Player of the Season: Ale Faurlin. Passes the ball straight to touch at least twice a match, but gets stuck in honestly, tries all game long, and when one of his 40 yard passes with the outside of his boot come off, it makes me feel all warm inside.
9. Game of the Season: Even though I wasn't there and saw it on the telly, it's gotta be Derby away. As people have said many times before, even going 2-0 down we KNEW we were going to come back and win the match. It's very rare as a QPR supporter that you can feel that even when we're 2-0 up!
10. Moment of the Season: Difficult one, this, but I'll probably plump for week of the season, in which Flavio left and Warnock came in.
EMAIL YOUR ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS TO QPR@VITALFOOTBALL.CO.UK
Fans Eye Views
Have your say on The Forum
Follow us on Twitter
Date:Wednesday June 2 2010
Defoe & Crouch January Targets? (Thursday December 18 2014)
QPR MotM Against Everton (Thursday December 18 2014)
Irish Striker Arrives For Talks? (Wednesday December 17 2014)
Striker Signs Pro Deal With QPR (Wednesday December 17 2014)
Justice for Jeff (Wednesday December 17 2014)
Individual Mistakes Are Costing Us - Fer (Tuesday December 16 2014)
Redknapp Looks To Everton Positives (Tuesday December 16 2014)
QPR MotM v Everton? (Tuesday December 16 2014)
Everton Ease Past QPR (Monday December 15 2014)
Stats: Everton v QPR (Monday December 15 2014)
|2.||The Uncredibale Hulk||19|
|16. Crystal Palace||16||3||6||7||-5||15|
|19. Hull City||16||2||7||7||-8||13|
|20. Leicester City||16||2||4||10||-12||10|
|Bruce: Swansea City At Home Is a 'Cup Final'
» Swansea : 18/12/2014 21:57:00
|Chelsea`s Zouma Joining Besiktas on Loan?
» Chelsea : 18/12/2014 19:02:00
|Liverpool: Balotelli Banned And Fined
» Liverpool : 18/12/2014 18:46:00
|John Alder's NUFC Collection To Be Auctioned
» Newcastle : 18/12/2014 18:10:00
|Villa In The NON Rip Off List For Mascots
» Aston Villa : 18/12/2014 17:09:00