Date:Thursday June 3 2010
LeeCookFan is next up in the series of supporters giving their views on the season passed.
1. Overall what was your opinion of QPR's 2009/10 campaign?
I would say it was below expectations. Once again, we got off to a decent start but a change in manager really cost us mid-season. Happy to see us strengthen but disappointed we could not convert that into league form.
2. Jim Magilton got things off to a flier - was promotion on the cards from your perspective?
It looked very likely that our worst possible finish would be in the play-offs. We played good attacking football under Magilton and we were winning games with 10 men and winning after we were 2 goals down. However when we were figured out, Magilton wasn't given enough of time to come up with a Plan B.
3. In typical QPR fashion it started to go pear-shaped - were you confident we could revive the situation?
I was always hopeful and always had the little bit of belief but as every one of those mid-season games went by, reality slowly started to set in. We still had a good squad through the season and should have been able to recapture our early season form. Unfortunately, it took us 4 managers to get there.
4. Paul Hart - What was your opinion when he came in, and were you happy to see him go?
The introduction of Paul Hart did smell of desperation because of the timing. However, with our youth coaches in charge it's not something to complain about. Although his tactics were very negative in the first 2 games, he did get us our first win in 7 games. I accepted that we were a team desperate for a win and we got it under him. However, in the second half of his short QPR career I did follow the bandwagon and get very frustrated with his inability to make any form of sensible tactical decisions. Although we lost yet another manager, I was happy to see him resign.
5. What was your opinion of the Neil Warnock appointment?
I was delighted we brought in a manger both the fans and players respected. I am very confident in his ability to take us to the promised land before he loses his job.
6. Warnock has already strengthened with Leon Clarke and Jamie Mackie being announced as R's players - he's asked us to trust him - do you?
In Neil We Trust. If it was a less proven manager, I would have had serious doubts about the players coming in. but Warnock has my complete support.
What was your...
7. Goal of the season: It has to be Adel against Preston. I remember thinking he needed to pass it but I was delighted to be proven wrong.
8. Player of the Season: Alejandro Faurlin. No one came close enough to be given a mention. He is a best signing we have and if we do go up he will deserve the title of being QPR's most expensive signing.
9. Game of the Season: WBA away. For a team missing its manager and assistant manager, we did a brilliant job going 2 in front against one of the better sides in the League. It was a shame that Pellicori lost the ball in the last minute leading to a goal.
10. Moment of the Season: My moment of the season was at Palace away. With us 1-0 up at half time, we had the Palace U11's girls team taking a lap of honour and while one of them were running past us she lifted her Palace top revealing a QPR top under it. In football, it was probably the Buzsaky free kick against Reading just after we went down to 10 men.
Fans Eye View
Have your say on The Forum
Follow us on Twitter
Date:Thursday June 3 2010
QPR Capitulate In Final Failing (Sunday May 24 2015)
Stats: Leicester City v QPR (Sunday May 24 2015)
The Men in Black - Leicester City v QPR (Sunday May 24 2015)
Who R Ya - Leicester City (Sunday May 24 2015)
Leicester City v QPR - Match Preview (Sunday May 24 2015)
QPR's Season Finale Injury Table List (Friday May 22 2015)
Austin & Green Selected For England (Thursday May 21 2015)
Ramsey Appointed QPR Head Coach (Tuesday May 19 2015)
Rangers Last Stand (Saturday May 16 2015)
Stats: Queens Park Rangers v Newcastle United (Saturday May 16 2015)
|14. Leicester City||38||11||8||19||-9||41|
|17. Aston Villa||38||10||8||20||-26||38|
|18. Hull City||38||8||11||19||-18||35|
|Dire Season Gets Roy Of The Rovers Ending
» Newcastle : 25/05/2015 00:14:01
|QPR Capitulate In Final Failing
» Q.P.R. : 24/05/2015 23:32:00
|Sissoko Making Noises About Remaining At NUFC
» Newcastle : 24/05/2015 23:16:01
|Mike Ashley Needs To Back Words Up With Action
» Newcastle : 24/05/2015 22:24:00
|Monk Hopes For 'Similar If Not Better' Season Next Year
» Swansea : 24/05/2015 21:36:01