Date:Friday June 4 2010
DMD_QPR is next up in supporters giving their views on the 2009/10 campaign.
1. Overall what was your opinion of QPR's 2009/10 campaign?
A season of real ups and downs but overall very disappointing, we should have been in the play-offs with the team we had, but for the implosion of Magilton, mixed with injuries key players like Rowland's and Mahon and the continuing problems surrounding Flavio mixing with team issues and the Flavgate F1 'just crash the car' we never really had a chance.
2. Jim Magilton got things off to a flier - was promotion on the cards from your perspective?
Before the season started I was happy with the appointment of Jim Magiton backed by John Gorman I thought they would make a good management team
After a slowish start we improved and had a fantastic October, playing some wonderful football and scoring for fun, at this point I was looking forward to a play off position and possible automatic promotion,
3. In typical QPR fashion it started to go pear-shaped - were you confident we could revive the situation?
At first I thought it was a blip, the result against Leicester at home in front of the biggest crowd of the season seemed to be the starting point to our downfall.
After the Watford game it all fell apart, but then I did not think we would have been in a relegation battle, from what had been a great October was becoming a nightmare November, one which we only just recovered from.
4. Paul Hart - What was your opinion when he came in, and were you happy to see him go?
Probably the most disappointing choice of manager possible, boring, no personality, no idea, and no chance of inspiring the players.
Could not see that the most creative player he had was Adel, so left him on the bench, and as for playing Bristol City at home on Boxing day, will be remembered for two things only, Nicky Maynard's great goal and us playing 1-8-1-0 defensive formation.
He had to go, and I was happy he went, leaving us with Mick Hartford for a little to long but he at least is honest even if he also could not see the benefits of playing Adel
5. What was your opinion of the Neil Warnock appointment?
Great appointment for us, he has everything that Hart did not, he is a strong, no nonsense, with bundles of personality, and is a well known manager who has shown that he can get teams promoted
Right thorough his managerial career, also has the ability to get players playing well for him, and to build a great team sprit with in the squad, something we seemed to lack since the Olly days.
6. Warnock has already strengthened with Leon Clarke and Jamie Mackie being announced as R's players - he's asked us to trust him - do you?
Yes I will trust him for a couple seasons at least!!!, I would like also to see him bring in a couple more renowned names into the squad with a proven track record. Also would like to see Adel back with us next season, I also like the fact he has said no more than one or two loan players as you cannot build a team sprit with as many loan players as we had last season.
So now lets get right behind Warnock and who ever he brings in and support them right through the season.
What was your...
7. Goal of the season: Adel Taarabt against Preston, best goal at Loftus Road for some time
8. Player of the Season:Alejandro Faurlin, he just got better as the season went on, and could prove to be a great purchase
9. Game of the Season: Crystal Palace Away. We did not have to many to choose from this season, the win over Preston at home was memorable for Adel's wonder goal, beating Reading at home 4-1 is always good,
The Derby away game live on the BBC was great for the comeback and the style we did it in.
But for me it was Palace away, we needed a result more than any other time in the season, the background to the game with Warnock departure from Palace and both of us in a relegation battle,
to go there and outplay them in the way we did was the best result of the season for me
10. Moment of the Season: That Friday evening when Flavio Briatore departed, QPR back to a normal football club without the circus that was Flavio Briatore and Mittals take on the club, which could prove to be one of the most famous days in the history of QPR FC.
GET INVOLVED - EMAIL YOUR ANSWERS TO QPR@VITALFOOTBALL.CO>UK
Fans Eye View
Have your say on The Forum
Follow us on Twitter
Date:Friday June 4 2010
Football Aid 2015 - Play at Loftus Road! (Monday November 10 2014)
Charlie Closing On England Spot (Saturday November 8 2014)
One to Watch - Sergio Aguero (Friday November 7 2014)
QPR v Manchester City - Match Preview (Friday November 7 2014)
Spirited QPR Edged Out (Saturday November 1 2014)
Stats: Chelsea v QPR (Saturday November 1 2014)
Chelsea v QPR - Match Preview (Friday October 31 2014)
One to Watch - Diego Costa (Friday October 31 2014)
Stats: Queens Park Rangers v Aston Villa (Monday October 27 2014)
Charlie At The Double (Monday October 27 2014)
|3.||The Uncredibale Hulk||11|
|15. Hull City||11||2||5||4||-2||11|
|16. Aston Villa||11||3||2||6||-11||11|
|17. Crystal Palace||11||2||3||6||-6||9|
|18. Leicester City||11||2||3||6||-7||9|
|Our Number One
» Chelsea : 20/11/2014 18:53:00
|Tell Us About Yourself - Kolagold25
» Chelsea : 20/11/2014 18:47:00
|Irvine - We Can Pull Off A Shock
» WBA : 20/11/2014 18:25:00
|Injury Boosts For Pearson
» Leicester City : 20/11/2014 18:16:00
|Villa Support 21st Minute Initiative
» Aston Villa : 20/11/2014 17:59:00