Date:Monday October 2 2006
Here at Vital QPR we want to here from Rangers fans who fancy being in the hot seat at Loftus Road. Think you know how to handle the players?? Can you gain the respect of the press?? Are you a shrewd mover in the transfer market??
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll feature you!!!
This week is the turn of Kevin Cole.
1. Which players would you look to get rid of ASAP??
The ones who have been placed on the transfer list already. See if you can turn the loan deals for Evatt, Moore and Doherty into permanent ones. Lomas is on far too much money for the contribution he can make.
Are there others in the first team squad who are not going to make the grade? There's no point in tying up the wage bill for them.
2. Which Players would you look to secure to longer deals??
The ones we really need are on reasonably long term deals already, e.g. Cook and now Rowlands. Ray Jones is probably the next one to ensure he is happy and committed to the club.
3. You are given a limited but manageable budget to bring in a few players either on loan or permanent deals but have been promised more cash depending on whether you sell any players for a reasonable sum. If so, then what areas of the team would you look to improve (feel free to name any players)?
Full back. Milanese is too slow and is 35, Bignot is 32 and not really good enough, and Rose is injury prone. Shimmin needs to get fit and prove he can do it at this level. Howell seems a good long term prospect at LB, so we may only need a LB on a season long loan. Bircham seems to be the only player we could sell for a fee and if we could achieve that and bring in a permanent replacement that would be good business.
4. Who would you make team captain?
There aren't many obvious characters in the club. Bircham or Ainsworth for now.
5. The press wants to know how your appointment is going to make a difference at the club. What statement would you make to give the fans encouragement?
There are plenty of quality players at this club. They just need to be organized and motivated to perform week in and week out. I intend to ensure that happens and I'm certain the fans will respond to that. Provided the players give their all in training and during matches no manager could ask for more. But, if they won't or can't give the necessary effort, they will have a very short future at this club.
6. On your first day in the job you hear that 2 of your best players want to leave the club. How would you deal with the situation?
A quiet chat along the lines of whatever you've heard about me, give me a chance to prove what I can do for you and this club.
If they really are insistent on going, there's little point in trying to keep players who don't want to play for you. In that case, look to ship them out as soon as possible, for as much money as we can get...
7. You win 7 out of your first 9 matches and the fans love you. However, you learn that your top striker who has scored 10 goals during that period has turned up to the ground before a match smelling of booze having been out all night and only slept for 2 hours. He is your best player but what do you do??
Send him home, as he isn't fit for work. Has he got a problem like Clark Carlisle? Unless that is the case, next day he's told, in no uncertain terms, how the club expects him to behave and he would be fined and warned about his future conduct.
8. After 18 months in charge you get an offer to manage Aston Villa after Rangers missed out on the play offs by 4 points. Villa has offered you a 3 year contract worth £9m plus a transfer budget from Randy Lerner of £50m. Do you stay with QPR or take the Villa job and give reasons?
Take the Villa job. Football management inevitably ends in failure and opportunities do not come along that often. When all's said and done Villa is a bigger club than QPR, as currently set up, and are ever likely to be.
Stats: Southampton v Queens Park Rangers (Saturday September 27 2014)
Saints Edge Out QPR (Saturday September 27 2014)
Southampton v QPR - Match Preview (Friday September 26 2014)
One to Watch - Graziano Pellè (Friday September 26 2014)
In The Niko Time (Tuesday September 23 2014)
Stats: Queens Park Rangers v Stoke City (Saturday September 20 2014)
One to Watch - Mame Biram Diouf (Friday September 19 2014)
QPR v Stoke City - Match Preview (Friday September 19 2014)
QPR Hit For Four - Again (Sunday September 14 2014)
Stats: Man Utd v QPR (Sunday September 14 2014)
|4.||The Uncredibale Hulk||19|
|16. Hull City||6||1||3||2||-2||6|
|Liverpool: FC Basel Preview
» Liverpool : 30/09/2014 19:48:00
|Three-Month Wolves Loan For Sagbo
» Hull City : 30/09/2014 19:44:00
|No Free Agents Coming To Sunderland.
» Sunderland : 30/09/2014 18:33:00
|Herrera Has Fractured Rib
» Man Utd : 30/09/2014 17:12:00
|Dawson Signs Albion Extension
» WBA : 30/09/2014 17:09:00