Queens Park Rangers Forum - Yun: Shock or Sense?
Vital Football

Latest QPR News

Welcome to the QPR Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7.' - Unknown
- (Added by: Hoops)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Fulham MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Sub - Smyth0%
Sub - Washington0%
Sub - Cousins0%
Write for Vital Football
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Yun: Shock or Sense?
15 February 2016 20:51 Post ID: #140973
Gus Caeser
YUN Suk Young has left for Charlton Athletic on loan - but is the vitriolic outpouring on social media deserved?

Click here to read the article

Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
17 February 2016 06:38 Post ID: #140976 - in reply to #140973
Steve Wicks
I have to admit that when I saw the news that Yun was going out on loan, I felt it to be yet another Rangers botch-up. However, having read the above report, I have to lessen my outrage. That is a great report on the circumstances and I must agree with everything that is said. Yun has been a bit of a favourite of mine, to the extent that when he has been caught out, I tend to blame it on somebody else - bad covering, faulty pass etc. However, I still think our full backs are both extremely poor - where is Doughty? I just trust that JFH will have the answer and very soon too.
Like post
Like this post
17 February 2016 18:30 Post ID: #140980 - in reply to #140973
Les Ferdinand
The reality is that most of our outfield defenders need to go.

Konch, past it.

Perch, never been it.

Ned, an absolute liability. Turns keepers' hair grey.

Yun has had a chance or two but has never taken them,, be that due to injury or not, I'm not sure. Suffice to say, he has had his chance.

Traore? Just shoot the parasite.

Haven't made mind up on Hall but don't see him as part of a side strong enough to push for promotion next season. That said, that could be down to the liabilities that he is currently having to play alongside.

Am so glad that I retired from goalkeeping many yuears back, most of this lot would be getting blue murder screamed at them in Battersea Park on a saturday afternoon had they been playing in front of me in my old Ministry of Agriculture/Defra team.

Will leave the absent midfield for another article.

Edited by QPR4Me 17/2/2016 18:31
Like post
Like this post
18 February 2016 15:02 Post ID: #140982 - in reply to #140973
Brian Bedford

I have a slightly different view 4Me.

Konch started well, but has faded in recent weeks

Perch started badly and has improved steadily.

Ned - I think his partnership with Hall has been pretty good in general.

Not sure Yun really has had a chance under JFH. Anyone needs a run of games to adjust - he's not had a single start.

Traore - OK, agreed there.

As a club we have to cut our cloth according to our means. These days that means not being able to buy top players and we have to hope we'll unearth a few hidden gems.

Not sure our scouting system has covered itself with glory in that respect over recent years, but we love in hope...

Like post
Like this post
19 February 2016 11:51 Post ID: #140986 - in reply to #140973
Les Ferdinand

After the unforgivable defensive performance against Fulham, I want to see the entire defence replaced. Not one of them bothered their backsides enough to try to put on a show, especially in a London derby. That may be a bit harsh on Hall, but as a collective unit, The only words I can use to describe our back four, cannot be used on this site.
No goalkeeper should ever have such an incompetent unit infront of them.
Ned, Perch and Konch have got to be replaced. Hall, I will give a chance, provided that he has defenders around him that are up to the job.

I have tried to be positive this season but the Fulham game was the last straw, inept, lazy, incompetent, useless!!

As for the midfield? You take Ale out and what was left was found severely wanting, even though they are capable players.

JFH must look at the entire squad in the summer and decide who really wants to play for the shirt. Those that don't (including the vast majority of the players against Fulham) must be shown the door!
Like post
Like this post
19 February 2016 12:52 Post ID: #140987 - in reply to #140973
Brian Bedford
Sort of agree with Ashdown on Perch, he has improved as the season goes on,
Konch has just been found out for pace all season, but he does look like he cares,

Ned is a liability, has a mistake in him every game which usually cost a goal, he is not a leader, should not be in the team, should not be captain.

As for Hall he has been the only good thing about this season, he looks to be a good defender, but needs quality around him, he is still young and learning his trade, from what I have seen he could be top class given time, and the right coaching.

As for Yun, he looked OK last season at times, just did not get a chance under Ramsey and now again JFH, not sure what future he has with us,

All in all we need to be tighter at the back, like we were under Warnock for those few games, JFH seems not have much idea on defensive setup, we are just to open

Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Queens Park Rangers Fixtures  >>