Queens Park Rangers Forum - QPR Release Seven - Any Mistakes?
Vital Football

Latest QPR News

Welcome to the QPR Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'The USA are a goal down, and if they don't get a goal they'll lose.' - John Helm
- (Added by: Hoops)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Fulham MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Sub - Smyth0%
Sub - Washington0%
Sub - Cousins0%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
QPR Release Seven - Any Mistakes?
09 May 2016 19:57 Post ID: #141376
Gus Caeser
QUEENS Park Rangers have today confirmed the release of seven players - one in particular has caused quite a stir among supporters.

Click here to read the article

Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
10 May 2016 15:48 Post ID: #141379 - in reply to #141376
Les Ferdinand
As much as I like Ale, in this case, I have little sympathy. He wanted to play every game and wasn't prepared to accept being a squad player.
An unhappy player is no good to anyone.
The fact that some of our more myopic, hate filled, lacking in thought fans have turned on JFH just makes me despair. QPR have a high proportion of idiots in the fanbase. It's something that grew very quickly after the Briatore/Ecclestone takeover. These people have no patience and some seem to have issues with JFH, shall we say about his appearance?

As for the rest of the players in the list? Hilly will be 38 in October and, by his own admission, cannot manage the grind of Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday in the Championship.
Traore - a mistake. Green - Too expensive - Gobern - sorry, a no mark, Yun - showed promsie but didn't deliver.

Henry is willing to be a squad player, something that is useful, so should be offered a deal under the new wage structure. QPR will need experienced players to assist the younger ones.

Hoilett is the one who has annoyed me. He has wasted most of his career. Clearly a gifted player but only interested in playing for a new contract after doing nothing during the rest of his time. Something he has a track record for.

People know that I see our defence as our biggest problem. We conceded 54 goals in 46 league games. Until the left back, right back and possibly Ned are replaced with more reliable players, we won't be looking forward to any promotion challenge next season. When you looked at the defence at the start of the season, they should have been easily able to cope with what the Championship had to offer, they didn't, so must be replaced!

Connor Washington has, for me, not done enough to fill me with hope at the other end of the pitch, theough that may be due to the lack of service from the wings. However, I suspect that he is a League 1 player who is out of his depth.

One that's not on the exit list, which is a bit of a surprise to me, is Matty Phillips. Like Hoilett, has plenty of talent but he has failed to deliver it on the pitch in any consistent fashion!
Like post
Like this post
11 May 2016 09:18 Post ID: #141380 - in reply to #141376
Brian Bedford
We have not heard Ale's view on this, and can't blame a player for wanting to play every week !! I do think he was one of our best players last season,
Phillips has a year left on his contract, which is a shame as he is the laziest player, much talent but just can't be bothered.

Obviously Hill was never going to be given a new contract, shame it was not announced before the last game as if any player in the last few seasons deserved a good send off its him.

To be honest I have always liked Hoilett, I know he did not reach the performances that we should have seen, but I don't think he had a manager in that time who was willing to give him a run. But he won't stay.

Connor Washington may be one for the future, I think he needs time to find his feet at this level, something a run in the team and a few goals would help.

As to the rest, time for them to go.

Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Queens Park Rangers Fixtures  >>