Queens Park Rangers Forum - This forum
Vital Football

Latest QPR News

Welcome to the QPR Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 'He had a very impressive first debut.' - GLR
- (Added by: Hoops)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Sheff U MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Smithies1%
Baptiste0%
Onuoha0%
Lynch22%
Wszolek11%
Luongo0%
Scowen0%
Freeman66%
Bidwell0%
Smith0%
Washington0%
Sub - Smyth0%
Sub - Osayi-Samuel0%
Sub - Eze0%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.dustman2
2.Hoops1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (2):
This forum
05 July 2017 10:54 Post ID: #142029
Hi guys

Does anyone use this forum any more?

If you visit as a guest, which I know some of you do feel free to say hello. I don't bite
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
05 July 2017 11:38 Post ID: #142030 - in reply to #142029
Dave Webb
I still look and occasionally post but it is V V quiet these days
Like post
Like this post
05 July 2017 12:25 Post ID: #142031 - in reply to #142030
dustman - 5/7/2017 11:38

I still look and occasionally post but it is V V quiet these days

Hi dustman and thank you for your reply.

During my time before Boxer this forum ticked over nicely. I suppose the invention of social media put paid to a lot of QPR fans' forums. Including this one.

At least i'm not totally alone on VQPR.

Anyone else lurking and wants to say hello.
Like post
Like this post
05 July 2017 16:19 Post ID: #142033 - in reply to #142029
Kevin Gallen
I still use it and thought Vital QPR is 'social media'
This forum was ruined years ago when two members were obsessed with arguing with each other and every thread was infected with their childish spats. I didn't bother posting then as it seemed pointless. I believe one of these children was eventually red carded by the most ineffectual moderators I have ever seen. They bear the responsibility for the demise of this site.
Also, site journalists would post articles and if you replied there was rarely any follow up from them. Pointless.
Last season, more members were guesstimating the time of the first goal than discussing matches and that about covers it.
Like post
Like this post
05 July 2017 18:53 Post ID: #142034 - in reply to #142029
Gus Caeser
HI,just joined this forum and to just say Ian 66 and was watching Rangers when they were at Loftus road before they went to The White city stadium and back again,the ground with its mud slopes and wooden stands was a great place to watch a game,I have seen them all down there,Marsh,Bowles,Venables,Mclintock,Givens,Dave Thomas,Morgan Twins,and many many more,I was at Wembly as a kid when we won the league cup,I grew up a mile away in East Acton and used to walk to the ground with my wooden rattle and bell,and I have to say last season was one of the worst I have seen and don't really think this season will be any better,as I remember standing in the Loft with my hot pie and tea, I dread what's coming this season, you Rrrrs.
Like post
Like this post
06 July 2017 08:25 Post ID: #142035 - in reply to #142033
The Uncredibale Hulk - 5/7/2017 16:19

I still use it and thought Vital QPR is 'social media'

My apologies. When I said social media I meant FB, Twitter etc.

This forum was ruined years ago when two members were obsessed with arguing with each other and every thread was infected with their childish spats. I didn't bother posting then as it seemed pointless. I believe one of these children was eventually red carded by the most ineffectual moderators I have ever seen. They bear the responsibility for the demise of this site.

Thanks for making me aware.

FYI: Currently there are no forum moderators except little old me. I can't see the point of having them, not unless the boards pick up. And TBH I can't envisage that happening over night

Also, site journalists would post articles and if you replied there was rarely any follow up from them. Pointless.

Similar to forum moderators the only site journalist is me. Boxer is still showing but he's no longer part of the Vital QPR.

If anyone comments via the front page articles then I will of course, reply.

VQPR Twitter - I have admin access and may use it. Having said that I want to spend my time on the site and not on Twitter.

VQPR Facebook - I deactivated my own personal FB page around 8 months ago as I got fed up with it. I have no desire to return to the said network and as I type I do not have VQPR admin access.

Last season, more members were guesstimating the time of the first goal than discussing matches and that about covers it. :hat:

As you will have seen, that particular forum is no longer available. I had a good look at it and decided to delete.
Like post
Like this post
06 July 2017 08:31 Post ID: #142036 - in reply to #142034
Badbackjohn - 5/7/2017 18:53

HI,just joined this forum and to just say Ian 66 and was watching Rangers when they were at Loftus road before they went to The White city stadium and back again,the ground with its mud slopes and wooden stands was a great place to watch a game,I have seen them all down there,Marsh,Bowles,Venables,Mclintock,Givens,Dave Thomas,Morgan Twins,and many many more,I was at Wembly as a kid when we won the league cup,I grew up a mile away in East Acton and used to walk to the ground with my wooden rattle and bell,and I have to say last season was one of the worst I have seen and don't really think this season will be any better,as I remember standing in the Loft with my hot pie and tea, I dread what's coming this season, you Rrrrs.

Hi Badbackjohn and welcome to VQPR.

Your post was a good read and thanks. I will divulge bits and pieces about me later.

Do you use any other QPR fans' forums Badbackjohn?

Like post
Like this post
06 July 2017 11:19 Post ID: #142038 - in reply to #142029
Gus Caeser
Went to a car boot sale last year and who did I see looking for bits, Frank the tank Sibley any of you older Hoops remember him.
Like post
Like this post
06 July 2017 11:43 Post ID: #142040 - in reply to #142038
Badbackjohn - 6/7/2017 11:19

Went to a car boot sale last year and who did I see looking for bits, Frank the tank Sibley any of you older Hoops remember him.

Not as a player as it was a bit before time. I do however vaguely remember him being part of the clubs management team.
Like post
Like this post
06 July 2017 11:58 Post ID: #142041 - in reply to #142029
Dave Webb
Sorry slightly before my time too. It's a shame his playing career was cut so short by injury. Welcome BadBackJohn. It's good to have new people on here.
Like post
Like this post
06 July 2017 20:09 Post ID: #142042 - in reply to #142029
Kevin Gallen
Deep Heat is what you need John
Like post
Like this post
10 July 2017 07:05 Post ID: #142043 - in reply to #142042
4 days since anyone posted on this forum Deary dear
Like post
Like this post
10 July 2017 08:15 Post ID: #142044 - in reply to #142029
Kevin Gallen
I live very near Reading and my neighbour is a steward at Reading FC. He went to the recent 'behind closed doors ' game arranged and said both sides were awful. Lots of changes made and players just strolling around in the heat. Apparently IH wanted to take a look at his players!!
We've only got one new one (on a free) and he didn't feature. I'm not sure what purpose this served.
Not enthused at all about the coming season, I get the feeling someone will come in for Smithies who was our stand out player last term and we won't improve on the low quality squad we've now got.

If we start badly I hope the club acts quickly.

Like post
Like this post
10 July 2017 14:25 Post ID: #142045 - in reply to #142029
Dave Webb
Half the time these are fitness games rather than tactic games. I imagine most players are trying not to get injured as well. I admit I'm not massively enthused about the up coming season either. I'm not full of dread I just a little flat about it. A poor start and a lot of fans will turn and become quite vocal. IH's response to last season's terrible finish will speak volumes about his ability as a coach/manager.
Like post
Like this post
11 July 2017 10:47 Post ID: #142046 - in reply to #142029
Brian Bedford
I'm here! I often look at the site, but there's seldom anything being said - a far cry from a couple of years or so ago. For a while now, I've been signed out by the site, so must appear as a visitor, with nothing going on, there was little incentive to sign back on again!

I must confess to being a little less than enthusiastic about Rangers at present. I can't say we've seen much in the way of entertaining football since Colin left. Our current prospects look poor, the team is little changed from last season's relegation near miss, and I have little faith in the manager's ability to turn things around sufficiently for us to break into mid table.

Apart from that - things can only get better?
Like post
Like this post
11 July 2017 13:59 Post ID: #142047 - in reply to #142046
Hi ImSitiv

You must have joined VQPR just after I handed the site over to Adam Boxer. Anyway its good to see that there are a few regulars who are still around and willing to post.

You're right when you say there is not a lot going on around here. In fact, I took a QPR fans' forum / site / blog sabbatical around 2008 and now I find there are less sites and those that are still around appear to be less busy then there were 9 years ago.

I think this forum needs a kick up the ass and at the same time a massive injection by yours truly and you guys of enthusiasm.

Anyone with any ideas?

Like post
Like this post
12 July 2017 10:22 Post ID: #142049 - in reply to #142029
Dave Webb
The prediction league was good. Got people posting regularly and when they were here they would read the other articles. I think there's quite a few that look but don't post.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (2):
Jump to forum:
Queens Park Rangers Fixtures  >>