Fans Eye View - KiwiParkRanger
Vital QPR continues to ask the fans the questions. Next in line is KiwiParkRanger
1. We have just been promoted to the premier league. Are you excited about the coming season?
While I'm very excited to be back in the premier league and all that comes with it, Match of the Day in particular, I am anxious about our ability to compete at this level.
2. Prices have gone up by a lot and hit a lot of people hard. Do you still fell it is worth it?
My daughter and I get over to London once or twice a season and the whole experience is so much fun for us that the cost is kind of irrelevant. We end up buying half the club shop and along with stadium tours, dinner in W12 etc we make a real day/night of it.
If I was living in London again I wouldn't hesitate to buy a season ticket.
3. We have adopted a transfer policy with a very strict wage structure and will not be spending a lot on transfers. What do you think about QPR employing this transfer policy?
I have said before that i trust Warnock and truly believe he will keep us up even though he's going to have to perform miracles. It does worry me though that, as things stand, we will start the new season weaker than when we finished the last one. Certainly Bothroyd is a great acquisition but the apparent loss of Tarbs and Routledge is a big blow. I really hope Dyer proves me wrong and shines but I really can't imagine that he's going to be a force in the Premier League.
Yes, I understand why we need to be prudent with wages and transfer fees but the squad needs serious strengthening regardless of how well we have done against those football giants Tavistock and Bodmin (no disrespect meant to them).
ere's hoping that between now and the Bolton match we can hold on to Adel, sign DJ and Routledge and pick up some quality defenders.
I'm sure Neil and co. are working very hard to bring the right players in, I just hope those at the very top are prepared to act accordingly.
4. Being promoted as Champions, we have a strong squad, do you feel it needs to be strengthened?
Yes. most definitely. (see above)
5. We have finally had our first 2 signings in Bothroyd and Dyer. How do you feel about these signings?
Bothroyd and Gabbidon are the first steps in the right direction but there needs to be more. Bothroyd is the striker we have all been screaming out for for years and Gabbidon has just the experience of playing at this level that we need at the back. Delighted we have landed them both. Now if we can get DJ Campbell then attacking wise I think we are almost there.
Shame if we miss out on Routledge, I know some say he's being greedy but he never gave anything less than 100% on the pitch and that's where it counts for me. Scored some incredibly important goals last season, would love him back again.
I understand the need to look at players like Dyer and Webber, and no one finds and polishes up old gems, making them shiny again, like Warnock does. Just feel we a couple of quality signings too, even if its on loan, especially at full backs.
6. We have been linked to a lot of players over the summer. Is there anyone in particular you would like to see in the Blue and White hoops?
Was looking forward to DJ Campbell, Bullard and one of the Kyle's joining us and I'ld dearly like Routledge back again.
here seems to be a big jump from your 'free agents' like Upson and Reo-Coker to decent players for sale. Gone are the days of buying a proven, quality player for a couple of mill.
7. There is a lot of uncertainty about Adel Tarabt staying at W12. Do you think he will stay?
At the time of writing PSG are offering a pittance of his worth in todays market so here's hoping the deal falls through.
8. There has been a lot of speculation regarding the boardroom. What are your opinions of the current board?
Hard to comment without knowing all the facts, obviously I would like a little loosening of the purse strings but not if means we go belly up financially. When we have survived this season I would strongly expect the board to invest some of the T.V money etc in building a squad to challenge further up the table.
9. Neil Warnock got us our first trophy in years. Do you think he will last all season?
Yes. The consequences of sacking him are too frightening to consider.
10. How do you think we will fare for our first season back?
Have your say on The Forum
Follow us on Twitter